Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Teacher, Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED DBC, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - It's like my body's ability to absorp nutrients has made me denser, but not fatter. Now couple that with the sensation of being 20 pounds lighter and ten years younger! And I couldn't begin to imagine where I'd be now if I'd continued on the same track I was on when I started off on this path at the age of 30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Teacher, Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED DBC, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - It's like my body's ability to absorp nutrients has made me denser, but not fatter. Now couple that with the sensation of being 20 pounds lighter and ten years younger! And I couldn't begin to imagine where I'd be now if I'd continued on the same track I was on when I started off on this path at the age of 30.

It's kind of an odd subject for me to bring up at this point in the game, 10 HPS 7 Day Wonder Freedom cleanses- colon cleansing, juicing, fasting, home colonics- under my belt, and the whole time never a mention of problems with being overweight or the like, but I was struck recently by a recollection from about 4-5 years ago before I found the HPS website.

There's only been one time in my life when I was what I considered overweight enough to notice or care--that is, more than 5-10 lbs I guess. I had been living in Taiwan for something under 2 years and was living by myself in a rather large house for 4-5 months. I'd gotten into a new habit of sitting at the computer surfing the web for hours and eating whatever I had lying around, lots of ice cream, cookies, and worst of all meat stews that I made with rice thrown in because I thought that was "healthy."

In a matter of about 2 months I looked down at myself one day and realized I had something I'd never seen on myself before: an enormous belly. Well, enormous for me. It was so new and strange that I wasn't even upset about it, I just played with it like a sandwich bag full of jelly or something. But it registered to me that something was suddenly very off to make such a drastic change in that short a time, and by chance (?!) a friend (now my wife) came back from Thailand about that time with news of fasting and cleansing, and before too long I was off on my first journey with all of that. It wasn't HPS, but it got me here pretty soon afterward.

I bring all this up now because I remember clearly my weight at that time, my biggest ever: I was 87 kg, or just under 192 lb. Now that's actually not all that heavy considering my height (6', or about 182cm) but it wasn't flattering to look at and it got my attention. I'll come back to this in a bit.

It's been a little under 5 years I think since I've been a member at HPS-Online, and in that time I've never made a secret of my fasting/cleansing lifestyle for those who know me personally, except for family. If anyone asks this or that I can answer openly without worrying about being too weird for them--in a foreign/expat community you find quickly that everyone's got something a little different about them and you don't worry so much about what anybody else is thinking.

Whenever I get a positive response from people who think they might be interested, it's always to do with some idea of weight loss; the rejuvenation and taking responsibility and control of one's own health never registers for even a second, but you get people saying, "yeah, I'm gonna do that too sometime, I need to lose some weight, etc."

I don't mean to disparage that point of view; I myself came to HPS with the primary goal of quitting smoking, and I think it really didn't sink in for me what all was possible until after Level 3. It takes a lot of new thinking to get your head around what can be done once you take up the cleansing/rejuvenation lifestyle.

Anyway I figure that perhaps a disproportionate segment of the cleansing-curious population out there is thinking weight loss when they approach cleansing as something they might be interested in. And the point I wanted to make with this testimonial is that, yes, weight loss is certainly in the cards when you undertake HPS cleansing, but it is such a miniscule part of the overall picture that it's a bit like going to the opera for the first time because you heard once that the seats are comfortable--it really misses the point.

More important than the concept of simply shedding a few pounds, the HPS faster learns the nature of appetite itself--relearns in many cases, each time one enters a new post-cleansing period right after a week of fasting, one quickly re-realizes the vast difference between the body's natural hunger for nourishment and the pathological cravings instilled over a lifetime of habit and societal pressure. If it sounds a bit odd from the outside, it really is quite a breakthrough realization, and even one level of HPS cleansing brings that distinction crashing home for many here, and a lifetime's worth of different perspective.

Appetite control, finally, has far more implications than simple weight control. The distinction between natural appetite and artificial craving is crucial to every important area of life, I'm finding.

I could go on and on here, and in fact it's kinda one of my hallmarks that it takes me a book to tell a few paragraphs' worth of material, but I've been kicking this testimonial over for too long already and still couldn't compress my thoughts any more than this.

Now, as to what any of this has to do with my opening story of my big overweight experience: I was on the scales the other day and saw that my weight was--get this--83 kilograms, or about 10 lb lighter than my all-time heaviest! But you know what? The fact is, I don't look at all overweight, much less like I did that one time years ago. It's like my body's ability to absorp nutrients has made me denser, but not fatter. Now couple that with the sensation of being 20 pounds lighter and ten years younger! And I couldn't begin to imagine where I'd be now if I'd continued on the same track I was on when I started off on this path at the age of 30.

So many thanks are due to Jos-hua for this program he's designed, and for all the many many wonderful people who have been with me over the years, every step of the way. I'm here for the long haul; I've proven the value of HPS cleansing to myself far too many times to even consider giving up this part of my life.

Rick D
    Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.”

--Albert Einstein

Re: Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED CLEANSING, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - HPS Cleansing Teaches Appetite Control

Hey Rick,

Great testimonial from probably the most experienced 7DW master faster (other than Jos-hua) here. It's been great traveling the path with you and your unrelenting support of me and everyone here shows your commitment to the HPS freedom program. I look forward to sharing many more 7dw freedom cleanses with you and wish the very best for the upcoming year.....

PEACE

Stephen_

Comment

Re: Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED CLEANSING, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - HPS Cleansing Teaches Appetite Control

Originally posted by Richard_D

...Appetite control, finally, has far more implications than simple weight control. The distinction between natural appetite and artificial craving is crucial to every important area of life, I'm finding.

...So many thanks are due to Jos-hua for this program he's designed, and for all the many many wonderful people who have been with me over the years, every step of the way. I'm here for the long haul; I've proven the value of HPS cleansing to myself far too many times to even consider giving up this part of my life.

Rick D

You are welcome Rick, and many thanks for being here, practicing and adding to our collective knowledge and experience.

Bottom line, cleansing, healing and rejuvenation is an ongoing lifelong process. Same as waking up in the morning daily, same as going to a dentist twice a year for a cleanup, same as making love with another human being... it should be something we do, but we must be doing it all in a sane manner, without the anger, the craving, the grasping, the attachment... but rather in a more balanced sane manner.

Peace,
      Jos-hua to some, Joy to others.

Your HPS 7 Day Wonder deep body cleansing and rejuvenation friend.

Jos-hua.

"May whatever merit arises from this activity be dedicated to the benefit of all sentient beings, without exception. May they know peace."

http://www.hps-online.com
      Helping People Survive Online

Comment

Re: Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED CLEANSING, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - HP

I was on the scales the other day and saw that my weight was--get this--83 kilograms, or about 10 lb lighter than my all-time heaviest! But you know what? The fact is, I don't look at all overweight, much less like I did that one time years ago. It's like my body's ability to absorp nutrients has made me denser, but not fatter. Now couple that with the sensation of being 20 pounds lighter and ten years younger! And I couldn't begin to imagine where I'd be now if I'd continued on the same track I was on when I started off on this path at the age of 30.

Rick D
        That is a very encouraging testimony Rick - thanks. How long was it until you stopped smoking?

Just yesterday I was wondering how many cleanses it took for Jos-hua to start feeling totally normal - I mean in perfect health. I suppose it will be different for everyone because we're not only different ages, we have had different lifestyles and experienced different dis-eases.

love,
        Dorothea
        Actually, God has already responded to everyone but they won't know it until they respond to him.

Comment

.... And I couldn't begin to imagine where I'd be now if I'd continued on the same track I was on when I started off on this path at the age of 30.

Rick D

thanks for highlighting that dorothea....

because when i read it again, just know, i resonated a lot with me too... i too couldn't begin to imagine where i'd be now if i'd continued on the same track i was on when i started off on this path at age 35.

i'd probably be dead by now. or a fat piggy, with low energy, resentment, bitterness, confusion, and bad skin, reeeeeking body odor and a whole list of ailments (since already at 35 i had quite a list, can you imagine where it would have all headed to by now?

hahahahhahahahaahhaah

and one thing is for sure, i'd still be capitalizing all my i's and the first letters in people's names, and the first letter after every period, and the first letter of each word that starts a new paragraph... now, that's a lot of wasted effort and energy seems to me...

hahahhahahahahahhahahah.

joking aside...

Thanks Rick, I truly enjoy your every contribution here... it makes this community so much more worthwhile for everyone, including myself.

peace

Jos-hua.

"May whatever merit arises from this activity be dedicated to the benefit of all sentient beings, without exception. May they know peace."

Comment

Great testimonial Richard.

I guess it really goes to show you that no matter how many cleanses one does there are always new lessons to be learned and new insights to be discovered.

You've been such an integral part of the community here, selflessly helping others that it's nice to see your continued improvement in your own health.

Great insights into the weight loss issue. I guess most people take note of it or make comments on it in general, because weight is something that can very easily be recognized just by looking at someone not like looking into someone's colon for instance. Wouldn't that be something, if we all had x-ray vision and could readily see into the digestive track. Making comments on someone's weight would almost immediately take the back burner.

In anycase, I suppose cleansing for no other reason than to lose weight is good if it gets people on the cleansing path where like you, they can discover the many other ramifications of cleansing.

Comment

Re: Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED CLEANSING, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - HP

Originally posted by Jos-hua Medicine man
              and one thing is for sure, i'd still be capitalizing all my i's and the first letters in people's names, and the first letter after every period, and the first letter of each word that starts a new paragraph... now, that's a lot of wasted effort and energy seems to me... hahahhahahahahahhahahah.
              I don't know if I'll ever overcome that "problem" Jos-hua -- I'll never be as "free" as you (haha). It seems a lot of us here make a living either teaching the proper use of the language, displaying it or editing it and I suppose it's a "bad, time-consuming habit" we're stuck with.

By the way, I re-read that link and saw it answers my pondering: 4 cleanses to rid yourself of most of your physical problems. Makes me want to start L3.

Originally posted by John_F
              Wouldn't that be something, if we all had x-ray vision and could readily see into the digestive track.
              Amazing to think about, John!

Thanks,
              Dorothea
              Actually, God has already responded to everyone but they won't know it until they respond to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothea_L
                I don't know if I'll ever overcome that "problem" Jos-hua -- I'll never be as "free" as you. It seems a lot of us here make a living either teaching the proper use of the language, displaying it or editing it and I suppose it's a "bad, time-consuming habit" we're stuck with.

Thanks,
                Dorothea

yea, i know what you are talking about dorothea, they ingrain so much into us, what is right, wrong, etc., don't they?

i graduated magna cum lauda, deans honors list, full scholarship for 85% of my university years, 2 degrees done at the same time, top of my class in one of them, and all in two years instead of four.

so i know how they ingrain it all. I'm very familiar with the system.

bottom line is i don't feel i'm here to prove or sustain 'their' systems, but rather i'm here to help and share and love others, and to be loved, shared with and helped.

so, i do as i like.

same with the health care... they ingrained in us all that dieting, drinking lots of water, exercising and visiting the doctor once a year for a checkup is health care... hahahahahaha....

i don't follow their system there, either.

and in general, i would say the last 25 years of my life I have done as i see fit and right, and have profited every step of the way, even though conventional wisdom says it can't be done this way, and the costs are too high.

well, no capitals.... it doesn't really make a difference in your ability to read it, nor in my intentions when writing it, and i think, that's all that is important.

if people think i;m uneducated, a fool, or an idiot, well, that's up to them, that is their perogative. (is that spelled correctly? )

hahahhahaah,

peace,

Jos-hua.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos-hua Medicine man
                  that is their perogative. (is that spelled correctly? )
                  hahahhahaah,
                  peace,
                  I don't think so Jos-hua, but I'd have to go to my on-line dictionary to find out the actual spelling - and I can't be bothered... I only have one degree and it's in fine art, so it doesn't really matter... I try to use proper grammar so people will think I have more education than I really do!

But joking aside, I think positive learning experiences count for more than a degree...

Comment

Hi Rick,

Congrats on your cleanse, and can I say that since i've been with HPS (since early 2007) I have been thankful for having your and guidance. It's so reassuring to have yourself, Jos-hua and many others when one is doing their cleanse. I always find your posts insightful and informative, helping to guide me as I try to progress to better health.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your testimonial, and look forward to learning more from your experiences for many years to come.

Comment

This is a great testimonial. I certainly enjoyed it.
                      Unfortunately, many people are so inert they wouldn't cleanse even for the benefit of weight loss (which is only a small part of the changes brought by HPS).

As for the capitalization, well, in this regard I prefer not be that "free": I do it for aesthetics, just looks better to me. Written language is an instrument of communication, and I like that that everything I produce looks great. Ever since I was a kid I just plain didn't care about societal rules, what others think of me, and so on. Why should I spend my thoughts and energy on such useless matters? Just ask my father! But capitalization is something that I liked. I also see it as some form of respect for the ancestors who created the language and the rules.

Comment

hey Rick

yeah, great testimonial !

as for the weight loss....it definitely wasn't brought me here as i've always tended to be underweight! but finally i've started to 'fill out' to a more normal weight for my size, especially after finishing my level 3....i'm sure it is a result of increasing nutrition absorption! .....something i'm looking forward to seeing more of as i cleanse more.
                        but like you said....it's only one of the many positive effects of HPS cleansing!

looking forward to seeing what the next 10 cleanses will bring you!!

Ben

Comment

Hello Rick,

Visited a few of your threads and read a few of your cleanse posts and testimonial; interesting reading.

The implant thing you mention sounded, I’m trying to think of a better word than, scary.
                          I’d noticed the word in other posts but I guess it didn’t register i.e. what it was and where it needs to go… But I think I got the idea of what’s going on.

Your testimonial was encouraging especially as to the overall benefits you derived and came to realize as you progressed past level three.

Presently I am trying to absorb all of the information I can before I begin the formal cleanse scheduled for April 11th-18th.

I haven’t read all of the books yet but I think I am getting the gist of the food combining among other things.

Thanks again for your post on my intro thread and the positive picture you painted therein.

Perry

Comment

Re: English Teacher, Richard D, Age 35, HPS ADVANCED CLEANSING, 7DW Master Faster #6, Testimonial - HPS Cleansing Teaches Appetite Control

Hi Richard,

It's great to read about your many successes with the 7DW cleanses.

You seem to have beat and defeated many, bad habits and transformed
                            to a higher level as it were.

To think you came into the program with just one intention;
                            to quit smoking, and yet you've gained so much more

It's a true testiment to the program, it's effectiveness
                            and it's great to hear that you've achieved so much freedom.

Peace,

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                            X