Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake_W, Age 50, DBC, 7DW Level 3. Testimonial- One colleague told me I looked 10 years younger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake_W, Age 50, DBC, 7DW Level 3. Testimonial- One colleague told me I looked 10 years younger.

I completed my 7 Day Wonder Freedom Cleanse Level 3 cleanse at the end of March. The cleanse was very productive, but I had no emotional breakthroughs, revelations, or sense of great changes that took place. While I was satisfied with the cleanse I just wasn’t able to write my testimonial.

April was an extremely challenging month. Two days into the post cleansing activities I had an electrical fire in my detached garage. The following week I had to go out of town on business for several days. Because I had been cleaning in the garage and breathed in toxic fumes, I developed a severe upper respiratory problem.

In the middle of the month my youngest son (24) called at 1:30 a.m and said “Hi Mom, what are you doing? I’m okay and I don’t think there is any internal bleeding. I was unconscious and came to with my car on top of two utility transformers. I don’t think it was my fault but I have no recollection of what happened. I have to hang up now because they want to get me out of the car without electrocuting me.” An uninsured, drunk driver (is there any other kind) t-boned him in the driver door. We don’t expect any long term effects from the accident, but his car was totaled.

Dealing with the aftermath of the fire and my son’s accident has created a wide range of emotions from frustration and anger to immense gratitude that no one was harmed and my son was able to walk away from the accident. The overwhelming emotion has been gratitude.

During the course of routine daily activities that continue in spite of the accident and fire, people would pay me compliments about how well I looked. One colleague told me I looked 10 years younger. I would like to say that I have been diligent in eating right and exercising, but I haven’t. I have done what I could, acknowledged my shortcomings, and resolved to take it one day at a time. After all, that’s what we have.

Until today I couldn’t pinpoint what I gained from this 7DW level 3 DBC program.

I now realize that I have gained strength that has enabled me to focus on what is most important when adversity strikes and not allow myself to be overwhelmed or sidetracked by “energy vampires”. While I don’t delude myself into thinking that I have it all figured out, I do know that having felt the peace that comes with this understanding it must be nurtured and protected. It also reminds me of the importance of staying on track with the fivefold path to enable me to be prepared for whatever life brings my way. This forum is certainly conducive to nurturing and promoting an expanded awareness of possibilities and capabilities.
    The T.S. Eliot quote that Pat W posted says it all…. “let us go then you and I…”

Thank you all for being here.

I feel a great sense of gratitude as I read your post. Listening to your story makes me sad and happy at the same time.

You are loved. You are making the world a better place with all your love.

Thank you,

David_T

Comment

Jake,

I'm happy to hear you made it through your cleanse and sorry to hear about all the problems!!! Level 3 by itself is enough to get through, and I know how hard it is to stay on top of everything when you have things going wrong.

If you look at your progress at the micro level, it is easy to see each individual mistake and wrong choice and become very frustrated. However, if you look at your cleansing progress at the macro level, then it can only be positive. I imagine you have come a very long way like myself and everyone else here.

Jake, you're doing great and you're an inspiration more than you know. Keep evolving!

"April is the cruellest month, . ." (Eliot)

xo, Melody

Comment

Melody,

Thanks for your kind words. I chuckled when I say the t. s. elliott quote. Last weekend I picked up one of his books and that was the first thing I saw.

Comment

Gosh Jake,

I am so glad to read that your ds is all right. How scary for him.

I'm happy for you that you have gained more emotional strength. I thought I was making progress in this area (and i have made progress) but I still let some things get to me (like my dear, sweet, stubborn three year old daughter).

How great for you that you have noticed an increase in this area of your cleansing.

And, too cool about the compliments.

Take care,
          Tisha

Comment

Working...
          X