Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard_D, Age 30, 7DW Level 1 - Colon Cleansing, Home Colonics, Fasting with fresh juices- Testimonial, Not yet half done, but still well begun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard_D, Age 30, 7DW Level 1 - Colon Cleansing, Home Colonics, Fasting with fresh juices- Testimonial, Not yet half done, but still well begun

Well, I had a hard time figuring out just what was different after all the fasting was over with, so I took a few extra days to think things over and just notice what's going on before trying to 'testify' about my experience.

I still don't know a lot, but since this isn't just a one-off activity with a set list of goals and achievements, but rather the beginning of a lifestyle change, well, what exactly could I expect to know at this point anyway? J

ust this: in a 3-week period of fasting and preparation, I've brought myself much closer to true health than in most of my last 12 years.

This has been a monumental year for me in terms of self-improvement, and it's incredibly motivating to be able to say that one of my 2 most significant improvement activities has just started a matter of weeks ago. In other words, a good situation has just taken a sharp turn for the (even) better!

I'm going to borrow a few 'graphs from my 7 Day Wonder (7DW) post-cleansing thread to give an idea as to some specific things I've seen change since the fast:

---------------------

After reintroducing food to my system, I had a few momentary struggles with the impulse to start smoking again, but by keeping the perspective that I wasn't wanting just the next cigarette, but all the ones that would surely come after, I find I haven't had a problem staying clean. I'll be posting my testimonial pretty soon, and it's hard to say how much of my improvements are simply from not smoking--I've quit enough times to know that everything positive I feel now (and more later) can be attributed to that alone.

From the fasting all I really hope is not a short-term increase in health or spirits, but to wipe the slate a little cleaner and start correcting years' worth of unfortunate decisions. I don't feel powerfully rejuvenated or anything, but since I wasn't expecting or even hoping for that, I feel fine with feeling fine. My lymph nodes are just as swollen as ever; I'd fasted before to try to solve this problem so I already knew that it probably wouldn't change this time around, either. Things are just fine.

I've been sleeping less, but I don't feel tired or anything. I still haven't got any extra energy, so to speak, but I get through my typically demanding days with plenty to spare. I wake up around 7 every day (major improvement for me) and although I feel pretty tired at first, I'm amazed to be actually getting out of bed (this usually happens when I quit smoking, too).

-------------------------

As I said above, I don't feel magically regenerated, nor have I seen a chronic ailment vanish or diminish in any way. I don't feel evangelical at all about my experience with fasting; to me there is nothing mystical about it, just some good hardheaded scientific sense. There is nasty, toxic crap inside that needs to come out, and fasting is how to get it out. I've done it twice, and with this last one I've come to the realization that there will be many more fasts to follow.

To anybody on the fence about starting your own fast, the only advice I can offer is that this isn't a magic bullet or a lottery ticket. It's a decision about making a lifelong commitment not to perfect healthy behavior, but to making the honest effort to do better and better. There's some work to do, but like most rewarding activities, once you get started just a little bit, you get immediate encouragement to do even more. Stick with it just a little and you might find yourself in a previously undreamed-of situation.

When I started this 7 Day Wonder Freedom cleanse and fast I had pretty much lost all desire to do anything soon to reclaim my health further.

I decided to do another fast only in order to starve out my newly-reacquired smoking habit. Now that I'm through the other side I remember again all the other things I wanted to do just earlier this year, and now I'm back on track after just a couple months' diversion.

Finally, I would be extremely remiss to neglect mentioning the discussion community at HPS-online.

Not only has Jos-hua made many personal contributions to my progress, but I have enjoyed more helpful and genuinely friendly contributions from so many wonderful people here, some established regulars, some newcomers like myself. It's been said by many but bears repeating, there is nothing like this anywhere else on the net. If allowed, I'd like to finish all the 7DW levels here at HPS, and will count myself happy to be a part of it all.

Right now the attention and help I've gotten from everyone has been simply heartwarming and uplifting, but I realize that the further I go with the stages of fasting here, the more I'm going to really need this help to make the most of my cleansing time. It's not just inspiring to be in the company of other fasters, but over time it's increasingly a practical necessity.

Okay, that's probably enough testimony from one guy. Thanks so much to everyone for helping me. Count on my support.

Rick D
    Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.

--Albert Einstein

Thanks Rick.

One thing we have learned about you is we can count on you to tell it like it is. I really do love that

Your cleansing friend,

David_T

Comment

...and tell it, and tell it, and tell it, right? Thanks for not saying so, David.

Rick (who is also your cleansing friend)
      Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. The true value of a human being is determined by the measure and the sense in which they have obtained liberation from the self. We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.

--Albert Einstein

Comment

Richard

Very forthright testimonial and you are so right on about many thngs. No magic, no big lottery wins, just step by step day by day. Good for you.
        Cheers, Tina A

Comment

Hi Richard,

I am glad to see you have made another step in the right direction. Continue to focus on the healthy way of life. You won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
          X